SLP air intake install - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C4 Tech/Performance
L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

SLP air intake install

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Skip48
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skip48's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SLP air intake install

Has anyone installed the SLP Air intake package on a 94 or 95?
Was it difficult. How were your results. Don't know much about my car , only that I love to drive it. I just had Magnaflow cat-back installed and I want to increase airflow up front.

Last edited by Skip48; 07-17-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: error
Skip48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
92ZR1WANNABE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: Casa Grande Az
Posts: 497
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

If you mean the SLP Triple Claw intake , yes I installed one on my 92 in about 5 min.

SOTP Difference is minute if any, but it does look damn nice
92ZR1WANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
runner140*
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
runner140*'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 7,115
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip48 View Post
Has anyone installed the SLP Air intake package on a 94 or 95?
Was it difficult. How were your results. Don't know much about my car , only that I love to drive it. I just had Magnaflow cat-back installed and I want to increase airflow up front.
You mean these?

Like was said above...five minutes.
runner140* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
aminnich
CF Senior Member
 
aminnich's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Woodstock Georgia
Posts: 6,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ZR1WANNABE View Post
If you mean the SLP Triple Claw intake , yes I installed one on my 92 in about 5 min.

SOTP Difference is minute if any, but it does look damn nice



aminnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Skip48
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Skip48's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for info. Guess I'll attempt.
Skip48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
pologreen1
CF Senior Member
 
pologreen1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Posts: 14,192
Thanked 62 Times in 60 Posts
Default

unsrew/ and unclamp your box from you intake tube, and put the clwa in its place.
5-10 minutes
pologreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
ks5shooter
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ks5shooter's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Tabernacle NJ
Posts: 5,060
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pologreen1 View Post
unsrew/ and unclamp your box from you intake tube, and put the clwa in its place.
5-10 minutes
With box gone does dirty air get in and all over your engine compartment?Mine is very clean and want to try and keep it hat way.thanks
ks5shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
davetteguy
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Im confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip48 View Post
Thanks for info. Guess I'll attempt.
I just received the claw from SLP and the install looks easy . However, I don not find a AIR supply hose on my LT1(1993) So i'm unsure what to do about the install as there is a hole for the hose in the SLP. Can someone advise me how to proceed

Thanks
davetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
-=Tom=-
CF Senior Member
 
-=Tom=-'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 299
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5shooter View Post
With box gone does dirty air get in and all over your engine compartment?Mine is very clean and want to try and keep it hat way.thanks
Not at all. I have the same SLP setup on my 95 and I don't notice any more dirt getting in there. I love how the claw looks too.
-=Tom=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
-=Tom=-
CF Senior Member
 
-=Tom=-'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 299
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetteguy View Post
I just received the claw from SLP and the install looks easy . However, I don not find a AIR supply hose on my LT1(1993) So i'm unsure what to do about the install as there is a hole for the hose in the SLP. Can someone advise me how to proceed

Thanks
I don't think it'll make a difference as iirc it's just an air tube facing down. I'll go out and look at mine tonight to make sure though. I always thought it was for run off water from rain, etc.
-=Tom=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
littlesk8cracker
CF Senior Member
 
littlesk8cracker's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: woodbury new jersey
Posts: 1,291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

do you have to worry about any water from driving in rain, or washing car? looks like the filters could get wet pretty easily?
littlesk8cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
whitebrow
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any reason one of these guys wouldn't work on a 91 L98? Everywhere I see them listed for 92-96 but it looks to me like they have the very similar setup to my 91...

Not sure if its worth going with as opposed to a simple cut lid though. Or either at all.
whitebrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
Calderone
CF Senior Member
 
Calderone's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Valparaiso
Posts: 8,398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

i would love to have this for my 87
Calderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
uxb101
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Kingston/Ontario
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetteguy View Post
I just received the claw from SLP and the install looks easy . However, I don not find a AIR supply hose on my LT1(1993) So i'm unsure what to do about the install as there is a hole for the hose in the SLP. Can someone advise me how to proceed

Thanks
can you say OPTI SPARK
uxb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
pianoguy
CF Senior Member
 
pianoguy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Apple Valley MN
Posts: 3,644
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetteguy View Post
I just received the claw from SLP and the install looks easy . However, I don not find a AIR supply hose on my LT1(1993) So i'm unsure what to do about the install as there is a hole for the hose in the SLP. Can someone advise me how to proceed

Thanks
You can kinda see it in this picture - there should be a rubber hose that runs down to your AIR pump:

pianoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #16
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor
 
Pwnage1337's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Amherst Junction Wi
Posts: 2,625
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoguy View Post
You can kinda see it in this picture - there should be a rubber hose that runs down to your AIR pump:

Can you say clean? holy ****!
Pwnage1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
pianoguy
CF Senior Member
 
pianoguy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Apple Valley MN
Posts: 3,644
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnage1337 View Post
Can you say clean? holy ****!
Thanks much! It's a daily driver all summer, but I try to keep her looking good.
pianoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
Aurora40
CF Senior Member
 
Aurora40's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 6,415
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetteguy View Post
I just received the claw from SLP and the install looks easy . However, I don not find a AIR supply hose on my LT1(1993) So i'm unsure what to do about the install as there is a hole for the hose in the SLP. Can someone advise me how to proceed

Thanks
The kit should have come with a rubber cap for that tube if you don't have AIR, or the AIR doesn't draw from the airbox housing.
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
pologreen1
CF Senior Member
 
pologreen1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Posts: 14,192
Thanked 62 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebrow View Post
Any reason one of these guys wouldn't work on a 91 L98? Everywhere I see them listed for 92-96 but it looks to me like they have the very similar setup to my 91...

Not sure if its worth going with as opposed to a simple cut lid though. Or either at all.
90-96 have the same radiator design so it will work, in fact I have something similar mounted in my 90'
pologreen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • SLP air intake install
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    SLP cold air intake for zo6 GD-Zo6 C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 11 08-13-2015 02:00 AM
    wtb cold air intake (SLP) ripvtec C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted 4 07-10-2015 11:36 AM
    Which Headers zrvlorider C6 Tech/Performance 41 03-04-2015 01:30 AM
    SLP Blackwing intake sambo32 C6 Corvette General Discussion 1 08-01-2008 06:56 PM
    TPIS cold air intake jmrl98 C4 Tech/Performance 13 10-10-2003 11:01 PM


    Tags
    1987, 1991, 1993, air, c4, claw, cold, corvette, installation, installed, intake, intakes, pictures, raining, slp

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.