C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 03:35 PM
shcuck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram?

My booster just died today and I was thinking of reinstalling a new one my self. Does anyone have any pics of when they did theirs or a diagram so I can follow?

I want to try an do it myself, because the shop charges me $320 for a new one installed. And I though it might be a good project to take on.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram? (shcuck)

It's very easy. There's pretty much just two 13mm nuts you have to take off.

What I did...
I remove the master cylinder from the front, undid the vacuum line to the booster.

Then I removed the driver's side interior hush panel. Behind the pedals you will see twoo bolts sticking through (thread side on interior) about an inch, two inches apart. They will have 13mm nuts on 'em. I used a U joint and deep socket to get them out. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't bad.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:47 PM
blk90rdstr
Drifting

Default Re: Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram? (Smash)

It is really just 2 nuts and the clip to remove the likage pin on the pedal. Youll Have to take the Master cylinder off and move it out of your way. Youll probably need to pry a bit to free the booster from the firewall. Removal is the easy part. Trying to fit it back with thw hood latch brace in the way is a pain. AND there is a metal support plate on the firewall to reinforce the fiberglass if it moves the holes wont line up and youll be under the dash adjustin it. One tip get the studs close to the holes hook the likkage up to the pedal and push on the pedal it will pull it in to place. Another tip readjust the brake light and cruise switches when youre done mine moved. Its not so bad just do it youll figure it out. I cant think of any diagram that would be helpful. :smash:
Old 02-21-2002, 12:27 AM
shcuck
Instructor

Default Re: Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram? (shcuck)

Thanks a lot you guys for the help. I will work on this on the weekend and will let youknow what happened.

Thanks again.
Shcuck

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram?

Quick Reply: Brake Power Booster installation pics or diagram?