C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Gas Pedal or Brake Pedal Extension for Heel-n-Toeing

Old 09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Richard EVO
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas Pedal or Brake Pedal Extension for Heel-n-Toeing

I road race (open track HPDE, not wheel to wheel club racing) my '96 C4 LT4 Coupe with 6-speed manual. The stock gas and brake pedals are placed very poorly. I cannot heel-n-toe downshift, with my relatively small feet.

I need some kind of of extension to either raise up the gas pedal (preferred method), or extend the brake pedal sideways towards the gas pedal. Does anybody have set--up for this? Any ideas?

I tried to tape something on top of the gas pedal for a couple of run sessions and it worked really well until it fell off. I need something more permanent. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
0Paul Ruggeri
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it a height issue or a distance problem? I have an 86 and have no problem heel and toeing. Maybe you need wider shoes.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Richard EVO
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's more of a height issue. If the gas pedal was about 2 inches "taller" (closer to me) and more parallel to where the brake pedal is, I would have no problem. Like I said, I taped an extension on the gas pedal at one track event, and it worked fine for a while, but was not a permanent solution and fell off.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
0Paul Ruggeri
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like there is something wrong with the the gas pedal or the throttle cable. I don't have a 96 in the shop to look at, but there shouldn't be that much difference height.

Get notified of new replies

To Gas Pedal or Brake Pedal Extension for Heel-n-Toeing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas Pedal or Brake Pedal Extension for Heel-n-Toeing