C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Magnaflow Cat Air Pipe Capped

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
BILLYD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow Cat Air Pipe Capped

So I want an easy install so I buy an OEM fit Catalytic Converter from Corvette supplier & I get a Magnaflow converter with the air tube capped. Whats the deal? Do I cut the cap off & cobble a connection together or just run it without the air tube connected?
Thanks
Bill
Old 01-10-2010, 12:33 PM
NMsharkracer
Drifting

Location: Formerly from the Great White North but now residing in the Desert Southwest NM (The Land of Dis-Enchantment?)
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before you start cutting and cobbling, I'd make a call to the retailer and/or the manufacturer to find out what they recommend. it might be simple.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:03 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 146 Posts

Cap comes off the tube. Use 1/2" compression coupler to connect cat to tube from engine. I used two (2) couplers to make connection easier because of the angles. The tube is 1/2" if you need to make an extension.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
BILLYD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replies, I did as John said & used compression fittings & copper tubing, of course there were additional difficulties: 1st 2 hardware stores only sold flexible copper in 25 foot rolls at about $40.00, finally found it by the foot @ $2.40 but when I got home one of the compression fittings wasn't drilled right so after a few minutes at the drill press all is OK.
Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To Magnaflow Cat Air Pipe Capped

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Cat Air Pipe Capped