C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 has no heat. Can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
randalls9
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 has no heat. Can you help?

I have 93 C4 and the heater will not blow hot. A/C blows cold and all fan speeds work as well as floor to mid to defrost settings - just no hot air coming out. I have checked the "heater door" assembly (by removing the huge heat sink from the firewall side) and the door does not move to the closed position when the heat is turned on. It looks like it is trying to move, but just doesn't get closed. I can close it manually and the heat works. I have lubed it, but still nothing. I have tried to get a good look under the pass. dash, but it's so tight down there I really can't see much. Anyone have any experience with this - any suggestions?

THANKS!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:14 PM
GM Junkie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of info here on this subject - do a search. It makes a difference whether you have auto or manual climate controls. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
gbrtng
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Manual air has a Bowdon cable to the mixer valve. OP's is obviously an auto air unit. Take the glove box out, first the door, then the box, and you can see the mixer valve. I just got done working on a 91 manual air car, and it's very tight, but you should be able to replace the mixer valve motor (with a little luck).

Get notified of new replies

To 93 has no heat. Can you help?

Quick Reply: 93 has no heat. Can you help?