C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 Bose - Front speaker(s)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:26 PM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Bose - Front speaker(s)

Is the front speaker a dual channel set up (is there a main speaker and a tweeter) in there?

My driver's side front speaker is quieter than the rest - it's clear and sounds nice - it's just balanced too low. I'm thinking maybe only the tweeter is playing, and the main speaker is inop.

Thanks -
Andy of Pittsburgh
Old 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I think it's a full range driver/tweeter combo. I can't be for certain as it's been several years since I've had them out for repair.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

I believe the front speaker enclosure has 2 speakers including a tweeter. I will be willing to bet both speakers are OK but I would check for resistance anyway. But I think your problem is going to be the amplifier board. I have fixed several boards for that same symptom.

The rear speaker enclosure is one coaxial speaker.

Most of the capacitors that get replaced are de-coupling capacitors and are 1 or 10 mfd electrolytes. They can cause squealing and whistling if they open and are on the 12 volt supply points mainly. But there is one capacitor that is a 10 mfd coupling capacitor which when gets old the value of it goes way down and causes low volume. It is C172 (@16 vdc) and I think will fix you up.

Check my link for all the technical info if need be.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-and-more.html

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 Bose - Front speaker(s)

Quick Reply: 1992 Bose - Front speaker(s)