C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

how much fuel do you need to take out with meth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Default how much fuel do you need to take out with meth?

Ive been having fun playing around with my newly supercharged 93.

Last summer, I installed a procharger p600b kit that I bought used from a forum member.

This summer, I added meth kit, a wideband o2 sensor, and a special custom blowerworks p600b 8 rib dedicated bracket and blowerworks keyed ATI 6+8 rib balancer.

I used a base tune from Greg at Blowerworks. still using stock ECM.

before I added the meth (and had just the procharger intercooler), I dyno-tuned it myself and got AFR's to 12.0:1 - as measured by the dyno 'probe' into my exhaust (drivers side pipe)

Now that ive added meth, my AFRs max out at 10.0:1 which I believe is the lower range scale of the wideband o2 sensor. its likely my AFR is lower than that.

Ive heard, when running meth, that you need to lean it out a little bit - bc the meth is like a 'fuel'.

The only thing is I didnt expect it would need leaned out this much. Im a little nervous about making big changes to my PE fueling....Especially leaning it out...

My question to you all is how much fueling did you all have to take out when going to meth?

Also, should I still be targeting 12.0:1 AFR when using meth injection?
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

oh yeah, im running a 50/50 mixture of denatured alcohol and distilled water. This is the stuff thats available at lowes in the gallon cans - along with the rest of the solvents near the paint section.l

Im assuming denatured alcohol is methyl alcohol (methanol) just like anyone else on here runs.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
simple green
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting statement,... I was under the impression that gaseous intercooling allowed one to run more spark advance.

I think you're right about wanting a 12-1 A/F but don't take my word for it.

Greg???....
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM
HighMileage
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a preference to run an air to air intercooler over meth, but having said that, since you have already gone down the meth injection route, why not remove the intercooler and run pure meth injection.

The reason I say this (even though I would prefer air to air) is that ATI has told me the intercooler flow on the LT1 kit is losing 3-4 pounds, so if you went pure meth you would pick up about 75 -100 HP through extra boost without the intercooler.

My plan for the summer is to fab in a larger intercooler.

Since you bought the brackets from Greg, I am opretty sure if you bought a tune from him for $50, he would help you sort it out. You should call him, if you already haven't. I plan on him helping me tune shortly and he supports his customers and their purchases very well.

Are you using Tunercat or Jett, or some other package?

Get notified of new replies

To how much fuel do you need to take out with meth?

Quick Reply: how much fuel do you need to take out with meth?