C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How do you remove the driver side seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 AM
mundo
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How do you remove the driver side seat cushion?

A fellow member was kind enough to send me a procedure to adjust the parking brake. It called for removing the driver side seat cushion. I tried but it wouldn't come up. There was some sort of spring under the center of the seat. I didn't want to break or ruin the seat. There must be something I'm doing wrong. I could have ripped it out from the end of the seat cushion. That didn't seam right. Any one have a procedure?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

On my 90 Sport seats, you got it. There is a spring wire that kind of goes across the bottom of the front of the seat. You pull it down and forward (in an arc) and it releases the cushion and the whole thing lifts right out.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

There is a clip that holds the cushion down.
Very easy to unlatch, by pushing down on the top of the cushion and then under the front of the seat pushing the clip away from the front.

This article gives you details.
http://www.corvettefever.com/techart...ers/index.html
Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4
There is a clip that holds the cushion down.
Very easy to unlatch, by pushing down on the top of the cushion and then under the front of the seat pushing the clip away from the front.

This article gives you details.
http://www.corvettefever.com/techart...ers/index.html

Goood tip; thanks
Old 08-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Tom Pennington
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mundo
A fellow member was kind enough to send me a procedure to adjust the parking brake. It called for removing the driver side seat cushion. I tried but it wouldn't come up. There was some sort of spring under the center of the seat. I didn't want to break or ruin the seat. There must be something I'm doing wrong. I could have ripped it out from the end of the seat cushion. That didn't seam right. Any one have a procedure?
I had mine off today for the same reason. Just pull foward and then down it takes some strength. Its harder to get back on. l also saw that I still could not remove the hand brake cover, I think I need to remove the seat.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:42 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Seat Cushion

If you don't need to remove the seat cushion completely, just grab it by the backrest and work it out by hand and lift it up. It still will have the front bracket in place and will swing up enough to pretty much touch the steering wheel. When done, just push it back into place.
Just did this the other night to check the condition of springs in the seat frame. Mine seemed a little weak so I added about 2" of foam between the cushions and spring (cut to shape) and seems to work well. If you do that, watch that you cut out around the seat adjuster or it could grab some of the foam.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:10 AM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 398 Posts

Enough people have told how to remove the seat, but my concern is why do you feel you need to adjust the Parking brake. yes I know because the the handle comes up dosnt hold car. but a lot of people seem to forget that give or take 87 and up do Not have the Mini brake drum parking brake that locks vehical in place. the later cars have a brake lock system, in which one pushes the regular brakes down pull up the handle and the main brakes (rear) are held. back in the 80s we had a war with our local DMV inspection station in were the inspector would run the cars on the Dynamometer and stop it with the park brake and would call parking brake/ineffective failed.

The earlier years the parking brake lever was self adjusting with internal ratchet and parking brake was adjusted at the wheel ends.

Last edited by s carter; 08-17-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To How do you remove the driver side seat cushion?

Quick Reply: How do you remove the driver side seat cushion?