C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

was at trickflow yesterday. they havent given up on lt1. they claim a 21 degree head.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 568 Likes on 443 Posts

Default was at trickflow yesterday. they havent given up on lt1. they claim a 21 degree head.

I was at trickflow yesterday, which is located near my home in tallmadge, ohio.

Anyways, I asked them if they have given up on the ltx motors and they said no.

They have a 21 degree head coming out sometime soon for the ltx (vs. stock 23 degrees). The incredible flowing LSx heads are 15 degrees, so while a small improvement, this is a step in the right direction.

AFR's eliminator heads, which are great heads, I think have stock 23 degree valve angles.

I couldnt get a straight answer if they will make it in just one combustion chamber size (which would be to match stock compression) or if they will ahve larger combusion chamber size for the forced induction folks (like myself) who want to lower compression a little and be able to use flat pistons (vs. non-preferred dished).

They also have a company called total engine airflow in the same building that ports their heads. - should you desire.

AFR has some pretty wicked heads for our motors, -especially when ported so I dont know how these will compare in terms of cost and performance. Just good to know that these companies dont consider SBC and Ltx dead.

It'd be nice to get some promotional or group pricing available on these ! I'll ask about that. I need to visit them in a few days.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

This the old 21 degree head or a new one?

The old ones despite being a 21 degree head didn't really flow that well.

EDIT:

Head shootout

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...son/index.html

Last edited by BrianCunningham; 07-13-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 568 Likes on 443 Posts

That article you attached says the trickflow heads produced the 2nd highest numbers.

To me the performance was so close to AFR, that Id consider it a wash.

Also, that article mentions that the heads they tested were 23 degrees heads and that trickflows 21 degree heads - once available, should be better yet.

Since trickflow and TEA (total engine airflow) is in my hometown, and theres not much difference between them and AFR, Im tempted to go trickflow.

The turn around time with them addressing any issues, as well as tailoring their product to my application, would be likely much better than with AFR in california.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Summit Racing has the 21* TrickFlow LT1 heads listed with a ship date of 8/12. I also thought they were already available.

Get notified of new replies

To was at trickflow yesterday. they havent given up on lt1. they claim a 21 degree head.

Quick Reply: was at trickflow yesterday. they havent given up on lt1. they claim a 21 degree head.