C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Another No Start Thread. But no codes??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Andrew
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Another No Start Thread. But no codes??

I washed my car this morning and ever since, cannot get it to start. I really hope it's not the opti. Anyway, I grounded pin 4 to 12 to look for codes, but nothing. All I get is Mod 1 - C12 then ---, Mod 9 then ---, Mod A then ---, then back to 1.0, nothing else. I have a piggyback MSD Dig system spliced into the coil, so I bypassed that system, no start. I smell plenty of fuel and FP looks great, so it has to be a spark issue.

Doesn't a bad opti show error 16? I'm not getting that either. The car has an Accel coil, could that be the problem.

When cleaning the car I sprayed water in the fender wells pretty good and noticed some dampness on the frame, under the crank pully / opti, so I'm thinking this is the problem, but hopefull it isn't. Any way to test the opti??

Any help appreciated....
Old 09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Coupe89
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

No start issue....

Mine was the clutch safety switch.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Andrew
Drifting

Default ***update***

OK, I feel really stupid! I disconnected the cable going from the opti to the coil, but forgot to plug it back in when I disconnected the piggyback system. I reconnected it and it did run, but very badly. REALLY rich and sputters a bit. I have not driven it yet. I'm going to reconnect the piggyback system, so if it won't start again, bingo, I think it's the MSD box. Maybe it just got wet and needs to dry out.

Anyway, any advice is welcome and I'll keep you updated....
Old 09-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Andrew
Drifting

Default *** update ii****

OK, it starts and drives well bipassing the piggyback. Plugged the piggyback back up and nothing..... It's gotta be the MSD box.

Get notified of new replies

To Another No Start Thread. But no codes??

Quick Reply: Another No Start Thread. But no codes??