C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wiring for manual cooling fan switch

Old 10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
anciano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wiring for manual cooling fan switch

Help me out here, fellas, because I'm an utter retard when it comes to anything that gives off sparks. I want to wire both cooling fans into a single switch.

1994 LT1. Am I correct that the way to do it is to splice wires into the dark green (primary) and dark blue (secondary) wires between the ECM and fan relays, thence to a switch, and from the switch to ground? That's how I size it up from the wiring diagram, but I have all the confidence of a mouse trying to f$%k a hippo.

And if that isn't the right way, what is? -- OR -- if anyone has the instructions that came with the wiring kit from Corvette Central I would appreciate it greatly if you could scan, attach and email to me at: mbetcher@yahoo.com.

Thank'ye in advance.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by anciano
1994 LT1. Am I correct that the way to do it is to splice wires into the dark green (primary) and dark blue (secondary) wires between the ECM and fan relays, thence to a switch, and from the switch to ground?

Same as 86 - 89 circuit below except you are dealing with two similar fans ; not the Aux fan the early cars had in front of radiator

Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 PM
warren s
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

http://rides.webshots.com/album/102276848UPNpsc

click the link above, thats a 95 LT1.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by anciano
Help me out here, fellas, because I'm an utter retard when it comes to anything that gives off sparks.
There's a new congressional "law" that asks people to say intelletually challenged (or deficient IIRC). It was named after a little girl who's severely handicapped.

IOW, there's a movement to stop using the slang retard (or tard).

This is not meant as bossy or enforcing just an FYI in case some people hadn't heard (and it matters).

Hope you figure out the wiring for your fan switch. Looks like you got what you need above.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
anciano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Warren, for leading me out of the darkness (dark green and dark blue) into the light (light green and light blue).

That's a very good site and very helpful.

As for my lack of political correctness (or sensitivity), allow me to use the disclaimer favored by politicians everywhere: "I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my remarks." I would not use that term in any venue where I thought an intellectually challenged person might be present, and you all may be relieved to know that I do not consider this forum to be one of those venues. We all know that it is wrong and probably illegal to shout "fire" in a crowded theater. Is it equally wrong to shout it in the middle of a forest with no one to hear?

I would also note that there is a qualitative difference between using a perjorative term towards oneself and using it towards another person in an attempt to wound them verbally. I wonder --if I had called myself a "moron" when it came to electrical issues, would that have been more acceptable? Idiot? Numbskull? Or am I not allowed to characterize myself negatively at all? I frequently call myself old (so does my wife) -- does that make me ageist?

Nevertheless, I'm sorry for my careless language. I meant no harm but I'll be more careful in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring for manual cooling fan switch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring for manual cooling fan switch