C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PKE light on and no flashes during test

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
BA Momentum
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PKE light on and no flashes during test

I bought my C4 a while ago and finally am getting off my butt to figure out why my PKE doesnt work. The PKE light stays on any time I start the car and neither of my 2 key fobs (with new batteries) work.

Upon doing a search and reading how to do the paper clip test (ground out DLC pin #8 to #5) I gave it a try. Unfortunately I don't get anything! The PKE light doesnt flash at all. Just to make sure I had the right ground, I grounded pin #12 to go through the Module test and that functioned properly.

Why would I not get the PKE light to flash when I ground out the pin? Is the PKE module completely bad and thus why it doesnt register during the test?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Sounds like the receiver might need to be replaced. You could try to reprogram the system and see what happens. The instructions are in the owners manual.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Im going to be watching this thread. I have similar problems with my PKE system. I bought a new remote and programed the system.

However, the PKE on only work intermittently. Im starting to think that the receiver for the system is bad.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dubin4life
Im going to be watching this thread. I have similar problems with my PKE system. I bought a new remote and programed the system.

However, the PKE on only work intermittently. Im starting to think that the receiver for the system is bad.
If you were able to program the you have a different problem than BA. The receiver typically works fine or not at all. Possibly an antenna problem. What exactly are your symptoms?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by markKlein
If you were able to program the you have a different problem than BA. The receiver typically works fine or not at all. Possibly an antenna problem. What exactly are your symptoms?
I was able to program it....It worked for about a week then stopped working all together, so I was using the power lock switches inside to lock and the key to unlock.

I let it go because im in about to store the car for winter. Well, the other day I went to drive it and the PKE started working again. However, the inside power lock switches are now intermittently working. Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. Sometimes the PKE works, sometimes it doesn't. Confusing.

Get notified of new replies

To PKE light on and no flashes during test

Quick Reply: PKE light on and no flashes during test