C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

nos dry shot system maf sensors quest

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 10:33 PM
DADDY D
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos dry shot system maf sensors quest

I have dry shot system that you put before the maf i put it on a when i first tried it was popping come to find out the bottle did not have enough pressure so heated the bottle next day and it worked. then today i get a code 34 which is maf also stop at the stoplight and the car would cut off if i did not give some gas. so i change the maf code went away car went back to normal i did not spray this. my question is this dry shot not compatible with my car or was that maf already going bad and that put it over the edge. i have an 86 corvette. was the pressure being low killed my maf or what.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:38 AM
95AquaC4
Le Mans Master

Default Re: nos dry shot system maf sensors quest (DADDY D)

I cant' answer that question directly, but I can tell you this. The installers of my system put my shot before the MAF as well. I didn't experience any problems. I called NOS and asked what the consequences may be, and was told that a stock MAF will burn out sooner, and a performance MAF may not be affected.(they weren't completely sure on that one) I have the Grannatelli MAF and have had a years worth of trouble free operation.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:20 AM
DADDY D
Racer

Default Re: nos dry shot system maf sensors quest (95AquaC4)

would you be a sport and measure how far down did the put the tube from the maf or post some pics.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:29 PM
jburnett
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: nos dry shot system maf sensors quest (DADDY D)

You are probably overpowering the 86's rather weak MAF sensor. A lot of the later model guys are spraying through their MAF's but they are completely different from the 86's. I would also NOT count on the MAF richening the mixture enough to compensate for a shot of N2O on a TPI based system!!
-Jeb Burnett
Old 04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
DADDY D
Racer

Default Re: nos dry shot system maf sensors quest (jburnett)

i figured out what happened i broken one of the heating element wires which caused the maf to fell

Get notified of new replies

To nos dry shot system maf sensors quest

Quick Reply: nos dry shot system maf sensors quest