C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Merry Christmas to ME...Look what I got...WW

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Default Merry Christmas to ME...Look what I got, a new MAF sensor...WW

If anyone remembers back about 4 weeks ago I started a thread about MAF sensors and how I was having a hard time finding a replacement for the one that went bad on my 89 Corvette. I searched the internet looking for one in good shape to use as a replacement but was having a hard time.I bought from a company that remanufactors them but after getting 2 mafs from them that were both bad ( one was way off spec, the other my car wouldn't even start) and buying one used on this site that had a broken wire when received, I finally had a CF member(tequilaboy) suggest I get an upgraded MAF sensor from a company called Blowerworks. I had never heard of this company, but after doing searches I discovered that not only does this company carry Supercharging and blower kits for Corvettes, but BlowerWorks also sells something that all of use will eventually need for our maf cars, and thats replacement MAF sensors. Well I just received mine in the mail and below are some pictures I snapped to let you guys see what Im replacing my busted maf with. This unit cost me $300.00 which is about $400.00 less then a new AC Delco unit goes for, and exactly the same price that I paid for the junk remanufactored units that didn't work. This unit is made of aluminum tube with a pressed on collar at both ends to hook up to your stock air intake. With this kit you also receive a new plug to splice into your existing wires and installation instructions that even I can understand ( very easy). This MAF uses a 2005 Ford sensor blade that is easy to find and will be around for many years to come. Its also alot cheaper to replace then any maf sensor out there for our cars because you would replace just the sensor, not the whole unit. I consider this quite a deal and will be hooking it up and testing it next week when I receive my updated chip from my tuner Mick Stevens(mseven). Blowerworks also sells the bin files to convert your chip to work with the new MAF sensor..As soon as I get it in I will be letting you guys know how it works in my 89......WW

http://blowerworks.net/

Last edited by WW7; 12-24-2010 at 02:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tims86vette (03-31-2016)
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

WOW, I like the looks and description of the new MAF!!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:10 PM
nutz4c4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great Wayne.I'll be interested in the results.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know how it works! I've been looking at the 4" version.

Maybe Greg from Blowerworks will get on here and answer this, but they sell bins (which I'm assuming is adjusted MAF scalars) but are they limited to $6E or can they provide a $32, $32b, $8D etc...

Definitely will keep an eye on this.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:38 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Great Info.....thanks

Old 12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by USAsOnlyWay

Maybe Greg from Blowerworks will get on here and answer this, but they sell bins (which I'm assuming is adjusted MAF scalars) but are they limited to $6E or can they provide a $32, $32b, $8D etc...

Im sure either Greg or Pat (tequilaboy) can answer this guestion, we may have to wait till after Christmas though.....WW
Old 12-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks better than I thought. A bit of semi-gloss paint on the housing would give a stock type look.
Keep me updated on the tuning.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by USAsOnlyWay

All of the 165 ecm masks are supported and can be converted for use with the new sensor. $32, $32B and $6E.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice upgrade !

Get notified of new replies

To Merry Christmas to ME...Look what I got...WW

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas to ME...Look what I got...WW