C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HOLLEY FUEL pump install.. relay hookup ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
korvette4u
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HOLLEY FUEL pump install.. relay hookup ??

some facts , 89, stock pump gone,, ecm controls only cabin heat ( it gotta do something)ha,ha, ..
whats been done: pump installed and wired to existing fuel circuit....

dont have FSM manual-

ecm doe not control this fuel relay any more(?).... it has been decided to use the 25 amp A/C circuit ( used becuz it gone too). which does supply on/run/ power for the (200miliampDRAW) control side of the fuel relay... thanks "JBF"

the GREEN/white STRIPE wire of the fuel relay must be connected to the this hot on/run circuit..

tested the connection with temporary hook up.. it works...to make a permanent connection........

i need some help in determining the color of the wires to the fuse, near the the fuse box,,downstream as well as up.. also to detemine if the ecm control only the power switching ?? ON/run condition? wiring diagram of the fuse panel??

hopefully our members can help?

thank you

Last edited by korvette4u; 02-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

If you're flexible, you can remove the knee panel and look behind the fuse panel and see what goes where. Red hot at all times, orange is ignition on, pink with white stripe is accessory (I think) etc. On the front side, you can use a multimeter and see what circuits are on when the keys are in different positions. I have intercepted wires in the back of the panel and also soldered wires to the right terminals after the fuses on the front so the circuits are fused. Rodj is the wiring guru here and can help you also. Willie

Last edited by 383vett; 02-02-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
korvette4u
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
If your flexible, you can remove the knee panel and look behind the fuse panel and see what goes where. Red hot at all times, orange is ignition on, pink with white stripe is accessory (I think) etc. On the front side, you can use a multimeter and see what circuits are on when the keys are in different positions. I have intercepted wires in the back of the panel and also soldered wires to the right terminals after the fuses on the front so the circuits are fused. Rodj is the wiring guru here and can help you also. Willie
383vett.. thanks the A/C circuit has been tested --- ON/RUN condition. when looking at the left side of that fuse is buss. the right side is fused.. just want to make connection to the back of panel to that fuse .. what color is the wire? thats why i asked for diagram.. do you happen to have one?

Last edited by korvette4u; 02-03-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: as is

Get notified of new replies

To HOLLEY FUEL pump install.. relay hookup ??

Quick Reply: HOLLEY FUEL pump install.. relay hookup ??