C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Evaporator Purge Canister

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
gtflener
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evaporator Purge Canister

Can someone help me locate the Evaporator Purge Cannister on a 96 LT1 ? (Getting a code) Also any advice? Replace the solenoid? Gas Cap? Thank you all in advance!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gtflener
Can someone help me locate the Evaporator Purge Cannister on a 96 LT1 ? (Getting a code) Also any advice? Replace the solenoid? Gas Cap? Thank you all in advance!
The evap canister is located in the right rear quarter panel area above the side marker lamp. If your 96 is the same as my 93 the purge solenoid should be located under the right side fuel rail cover (lift straight up to remove), picture below. Note that the PCV air supply hose has been removed from the throttle body to obtain a clear view of the solenoid.

The correct procedure to repair the code is to follow the step by step diagnostic tree in the Factory Service Manual. That said, you may want to ohm test the solenoid as they are a common failure item. With the connector removed take a reading across the two pins, no need to note the reading, a bad one will be "open" (infinite resistance). Hope that helps.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
gtflener
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much Thanks Toptechx6 !!! I will start there and see if that does it. You're a Prince!

Get notified of new replies

To Evaporator Purge Canister

Quick Reply: Evaporator Purge Canister