C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

SLP Cold Air Induction

Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
BacknBlack
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

10 year anniversary

I have had the vortex air rammer and now have the slp claw. Problem with the vortex was the plastic duct, that went from the filter to the rubber intake duct, which would collapse in on itself under acceleration. Yes, the actual suction from the motor would cave in the plastic tunnel. I did feel the difference in acceleration going to the claw, which is a stronger material.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

i wish they made a claw for the L98
Old 05-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Nothingbeatsavette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the claw on mine, didn't notice any gains but I don't drive real hard or do any real racing to give it a good test. I just wanted it for the same reason as several of the others, it looks cool. Any better-flowing filter is mainly going to help in the higher RPMs anyway simply because that's when the motor requires the most air. Think of it as sucking your drink through a straw. If you're just barely sucking on it enough to get a drink then a small one is ok but if you go to a bigger straw you're obviously going to be able to get more. It would also be a lot more beneficial if you have or plan to modify the motor more elsewhere to make more power and require more air.

As far as the earlier post about operating temps, my LT1 typically runs 200-212 coolant and the 220 range for the oil. Your numbers didn't sound all that high to me unless you've got the cooler thermostat installed or something. I've also programmed my fan to kick on at a little cooler temp so it ran a little hotter before that even. Just my two cents on that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP Cold Air Induction