C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP!! Code 23

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Hotwhlz85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Code 23

Ok, here's what I've done. I had the throttle body and plenum off and cleaned thoroughly. New gaskets. Did the bypass while I had them off. New TPS sensor. Removed the IAC and cleaned it with carb cleaner. When I put all this back together she idles sooooooo much better now. But my SES keeps coming on. It won't do it till it's up to normal operating temps. And it only does it at idle. I've pulled the wiring and checked to make sure it's plugged back in correctly. Undo the battery to clear the code and then start her up. Still getting a code 23. I didn't cap the fittings where the throttle body hoses went when they carried coolant before, but I couldn't see how that would cause a problem. Was I wrong? Help guys.

Ron

[Modified by Hotwhlz85, 9:00 PM 4/22/2002]

[Modified by Hotwhlz85, 10:02 PM 4/22/2002]
Old 04-22-2002, 10:17 PM
PeteL
Le Mans Master

Location: And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama senior staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HELP!! Code 23 (Hotwhlz85)

Think you forgot to hook the MAT sensor back up. Check under plenum toward rear drivers side I think?

Pete
Old 04-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Sam Lam
Melting Slicks

Are you sure you have the MAT sensor plugged in and tight? Code 23 is set due to an open circuit on the MAT sensor after she is warmed up! :seeya
Old 04-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Hotwhlz85
Advanced

Default Re: HELP!! Code 23 (Sam Lam)

Yep it's plugged in. I've redone it about 4 times. I guess it's possible that it's not as tight as it should be. I'll have to recheck it. Really did feel tight though.......
Is it possible that I have crimped some of the wiring on the plug while plugging it back up?
Thanks for the replies guys.

Ron
Old 04-22-2002, 10:42 PM
Sam Lam
Melting Slicks

How much trouble was it to remove your plenum? I am considering doing this would appreciate some advice from you. Did you remove the MAT sensor while you were cleaning the plenum? This sensor is under the plenum and is hard to reach. You may have intoduced liquids into the sensor and it just crapped out on you! Regards, Sam :rolleyes:
Old 04-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Hotwhlz85
Advanced

Default Re: HELP!! Code 23 (Sam Lam)

It's really not that much trouble to do. I'm a fairly decent wrench turner and I had no problems. Just take your time and pay attention to what went where and which bolts went into what holes. Pictures or videos help greatly there. Once off I soaked the plenum and throttle body after taking it apart and removing all the gaskets. I bought a gallon of carb cleaner to soak it in. Before I had a rough idle and spark knock on hard acceleration. This cleared up both those problems completely. Now if I can figure out this damn MAF!! Geeezzzz, I hope you're wrong about it takin a crap. I was pretty careful to keep it away from anything else on my work bench. I may be calling the wrong thing the plenum. What I called the plenum is rectangular part that the throttle body is mounted in front of and the runners (tubes?) connect to at the top then go into the intake. (Really high tech jargon I know)...

Anyway, I think you're both right. Haynes says the same thing only I thought I had it plugged in better than that.

Thanks again,
Ron

[Modified by Hotwhlz85, 10:10 PM 4/22/2002]
Old 04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Sam Lam
Melting Slicks

One last thought for you on the code 23: Mid America Direct sells a MAF testor for about 12 bucks. I would consider this before I went out and bought another sensor. Having the testor will allow you to retest it anytime you desire. I just bought one myself! Don't forget you could have a wiring issue and the sensor could be OK! Regards and have a good night!!!

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!! Code 23

Quick Reply: HELP!! Code 23