C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

change to carb on 85

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
skip myles
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default change to carb on 85

If I change to a carb on my 85 will guages still work and what about the trany lockout have had so many problems with injection about ready to change
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
1963SS
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I grew up with carbs but I would never go back to them. At best they are just a semi-regulated gas leak. What could be going so wrong with your injection that you'd want to take a step back? I realize that it's your car and you'll do as you please but your injection should be fine and very reliable if everything's working right.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
skip myles
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1963SS
I grew up with carbs but I would never go back to them. At best they are just a semi-regulated gas leak. What could be going so wrong with your injection that you'd want to take a step back? I realize that it's your car and you'll do as you please but your injection should be fine and very reliable if everything's working right.
if it worked right that would be fine but it seems eratic have gone by the book no codes but changed tps and iac tuned up with plugs and wires /cap checked timing and codes checked for vacum leak still seem to have idle problems
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skip myles
If I change to a carb on my 85 will guages still work and what about the trany lockout
If you cut the right wires ;YES
but you have to have some means of controlling the convertor lockup ( a man switch or changes inside the trans) that used to be controlled by the computer
Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Some of my car's still are carburated and they always seem to need something done to them, wish they were all fi.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
skip myles
Advanced

would realy like to figure this out car was running good drove to town about 15/20 min parked and when restarted it wouldnt run without a little pressure on peddle let sit still wouldnt crank about an hr later it cranked with no pressure on pedal but started to increase rpm until about 12/13 came home tonight cranked right up sat there and ran fine rpm about 6.4/6.5 temp sitting in garage 192

Get notified of new replies

To change to carb on 85

Quick Reply: change to carb on 85