C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

OBX Stainless Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Jay7199
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan to order mine next week
Old 04-24-2015, 12:27 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

L98 here, mine had to have some modifying done on the flange to make them fit on the head. Bolt holes didn't line up. Other than that though, they weren't too bad.

Great sound, great performance.
Had them on for about 2 weeks or so now, and they've turned that lovely gold/blue color that stainless does once it's had some heat put to them.

Also running the high flow cats, xpipe, mufflers and full 3" exhaust. Cut the reducer off the header to run it straight through with no reduction. Hell of a difference in performance. Only bad thing is, is the drone can be a little obnoxious at low speeds, but it's mellowed out considerably since I first put them on.

Last edited by MavsAK; 04-24-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:28 AM
BV85
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default OBX Headers

So you matched them up to a "D" port Head. Can it be match pretty close to the "D" port gasket. Would they work on Fast Burn Heads? TIA for any info.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:34 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BV85
So you matched them up to a "D" port Head. Can it be match pretty close to the "D" port gasket. Would they work on Fast Burn Heads? TIA for any info.
Matched up really well on fitment. As far as how close they got in shape with the Head, they don't obscure the exhaust port at all unlike the junk stockers.
Driver side funnily enough went right on with no modifying.

My issue was on the passenger side, when it came to bolting it in. The pipes themselves fit right in like they were meant to be there, no dinging them required to clear anything.

Don't know about how they'll go on the fastburn heads, but they went right on the stock aluminum L98s, aside from the passenger side. Which seems to be a recurring theme from what I've read.

Last edited by MavsAK; 04-24-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Jay7199
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BV85

Its my understanding that the FastBurn heads are pretty much the exact same as the LT1 head with the SBC standard flow cooling and intake bolt pattern. But the exhaust port design im sure is the same.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:14 PM
v8vette84
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 58 Posts

I have had a set of these for a few years, I have never had a problem with them, they still look great. They bolted right up and the welds were great and the insides of the pipes where they were welded up were all cleaned up and smooth when I got them. I was VERY impressed with them. A+++++++ Rating here!

Quick Reply: OBX Stainless Header Install