C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 Cruise Control switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 09:50 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1995 Cruise Control switch

My cruse has never worked.. finally got around to looking at it and I tested the switch, it is working but i notice that there is no plug to plug it in to under the dash, only the vacuum hose. is this normal or should there be a plug for the switch?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm assuming you are referring to the switch assembly on top of the brake pedal.

From what I remember there is a terminal block that nothing gets plugged into. But there is one electrical connector that does get plugged in.

This switch assembly does go bad with dirty contacts. It can cause cruise to act weird or not engage at all. I took mine apart and cleaned it up and it has been good for the last few years.

There are 3 circuits in the switch. Cruise, brake light and converter lock up.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, i'm referring to the normally closed switch on the brake pedal. I tested it with my matter and it is working fine, but there is nothing plugged in the switch itself and i don't even see any plug that would go there ..just wondering if the vacuum line is there instead of a plug for some strange reason. Its also a 6 speed car.

Get notified of new replies

To 1995 Cruise Control switch

Quick Reply: 1995 Cruise Control switch