C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 won't restart after driving

Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 PM
pebblesjetson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 won't restart after driving

My 95 coupe has been not restarting all the time after it has been driven. I first thought it was happening when I washed it or it had rained. WRONG! It almost seems now that when it is has been driven and it is hot (not overheated engine hot but engine temp going up because of traffic - stop and go) it takes 15 or 20 minutes before it will start. Any thoughts? Is this question goofy and vague? Keep in mind I am a girl........
Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
marcwb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your engine won't start when its hot you have an electrical/sensory problem. First start at basics. Read codes if any, check spark, fuel, and injector pulse. This is a common problem you have. See if you have spark. If not, then check injector pulse. If you have neither, check for low res and high res pulse from distributor, because without these signals the computer does'nt know if the engine is rotating or not so it wont ground injectors or icm. If no neither pulse your distributor is'nt sending a crank signal to computer. If you have an injector pulse but no ignition pulse your distributor is fine. Check pulse from computer to ignition control module(icm). If you have pulse to icm from computer, check pulse from icm to ignition coil. If no pulse from icm to coil your module is your problem. If you have pulse to coil but no spark from coil your coil is the problem. Remember the coil, icm, and distributor are all in direct contact with this hot *** engine!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 won't restart after driving