C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Back Up Light Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Back Up Light Switch

Hi everyone. I'm about to buy a new back up light switch because my back up lights don't work when I put my tranny into reverse. It's an automatic and I believe that the switch is under the gear shifter. Most of the threads that I searched was regarding manual transmissions where the switch is by the front of the tranny. However, my back up lights do go on when I wiggle the gear shifter. Does this mean that I need to replace the switch or is the switch still good and I need to adjust something?
If I need to adjust the switch, what do I do? Thanks in advance, Ed.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

pull the shifter consol top, and tighten the nuts holding the switch to the shifter, look at a picture of the switch first so you will know what it looks like
Old 07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you mean the plastic cover surrounding the gear shifter? I hope that tighting the nuts holding the switch to the shifter will work. Also, do you happen to know where all of the screw are holding the console top?

Originally Posted by oldalaskaman
pull the shifter consol top, and tighten the nuts holding the switch to the shifter, look at a picture of the switch first so you will know what it looks like

Get notified of new replies

To Back Up Light Switch

Quick Reply: Back Up Light Switch