C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cornering Lights and Backup Lights Inop.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
chopperclay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cornering Lights and Backup Lights Inop.

93 C4, I have been trying to find out why the Front and rear cornering lights are inoperative. The Backup lights by the license plate are inop. too. I've cleaned the sockets and checked the bulbs, replaced bulbs in the front. As for the backup lights I suspect it is the switch on the manual transmission but as for the cornering lights I'm baffled as to why all four are inop. I purchased a factory manual-PSID which is the first manual published for that year car and it is much better than the useless Chiltons but I these electrical problems are a little baffling. Could it be a common ground (S414 is what the schematic shows but I"m still trying to locate it)... Any ideas or help appreciated.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
asjwalsh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Are any of the reverse lights working? There are 4, 2 by the rear license plate, and 2 on either side.
2. Did you check the corner lights with the LIGHTS on? Cos they don't work with the lights off.

Sorry about shouting 'lights', couldnt work out how to differentiate!

It was my reverse switch BTW. And turning the lights on made my corbner lights miraculously work.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
chopperclay
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reverse lights are working, I checked the bulbs and the fuse... all good there. I did have the lights on when I tried the cornering lights and moved the turn signal switch right and left, still nothing happening. I'm thinking my reverse lights (by the plate) has to be the switch on the trans. I wondering why all four cornering lights are inop. and wondering what the common thread might be. I see that there is a ground and maybe that could be it. These cars are pretty tricky when it comes to the electrical stuff. I've never had a car with so many lights, they are everywhere... Thanks much! Onward through the fog!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
asjwalsh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-lights-2.html
Try this thread

Get notified of new replies

To Cornering Lights and Backup Lights Inop.

Quick Reply: Cornering Lights and Backup Lights Inop.