C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

what size injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
rbates74
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default what size injectors?

have a 90, its a 383 with worked over stock heads a very mild cam and an edelbrock highflow base and runners, i am getting water methane injection set up and a p600b super charger and i plan to run 8 lbs of boost.

I need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors, but i do not know what ones to get.

and if anyone cares to put in a horse power estimate that would be cool too. after I get it all assembled im taking it for a dyno tune, tired of messing around with mail order chip programming, been having trouble with the chip since september,
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

need to know a couple things

1. est whp
2. e85 or pump

with that answered it's just a matter of doing the calcs. for exact lb/hr, as exact as you can get without an actual BSFC anyway

i know a standard go-to are the 60lb/hr siemens-deka injectors. $400 set and they will work anywhere from 400-700whp. really clean firing injector that can take extremely high fuel pressures if need be. some of the new tech is really flexable.

what's your wild *** guess on the engine? 500ish at the wheels? should be somewhere in that ballpark i would imagine. this is all wild *** guessing by the way. without knowing the lb/min flow of the supercharger and a close hp estimate of the engine it's somewhat hot air. but, those 60lb siemens injectors would give you a LOT of flexability. if you make 450whp, they would work just fine. if you make 600whp they will also work just fine. these are pump gas numbers, e85 will have lower overall hp limit with the same injector due to the increase flow needed.

Last edited by racebum; 02-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 PM
rbates74
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I paid for 375-400 horse on the motor, but generous estimates on the forums say id be lucky to get 350. I had originally expectd 400 on the motor and 600 with boost, but ive no real idea where i will actually land, 500+ would be nice, though i dont want to run the boost any higher then 8 with cast pistons.

planning on running regular gas
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

around what i suspected. the tune is everything on cast pistons. you absolutely can not go aggressive with the timing while tuning. also, the cooler you can keep the incoming air the better. do not get upset if the whp comes in a little low. you want the tune to be tame.

if you're going to be around that 500whp level on boost the siemens 60lb injectors are an excellent choice.

do a little research on google about this injector. should give you a solid idea of their performance

Get notified of new replies

To what size injectors?

Quick Reply: what size injectors?