C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Should I upgrade my water Pump? Pics of old one

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Dr.Huxtable
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick water pump question, pic inside

Hey Guys,

Scratch my original question. Looking at the picture below, which direction should the impeller spin to work properly? I think i may have solved my own problem.

The pump was being spun counter clockwise but i think this is a clockwise pump . . . . Two owners ago might have put the wrong pump on . . .

Thanks in advance,
Caleb, Dr.Hux

Last edited by Dr.Huxtable; 02-09-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Dr.Huxtable
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

answered my own question again thanks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Centrifugal_2.png

A centrifugal pump is a rotodynamic pump that uses a rotating impeller to increase the pressure and flow rate of a fluid. Centrifugal pumps are the most common type of pump used to move liquids through a piping system. The fluid enters the pump impeller along or near to the rotating axis and is accelerated by the impeller, flowing radially outward or axially into a diffuser or volute chamber, from where it exits into the downstream piping system. Centrifugal pumps are typically used for large discharge through smaller heads.

Centrifugal pumps are most often associated with the radial flow type. However, the term "centrifugal pump" can be used to describe all impeller type rotodynamic pumps[4] including the radial, axial and mixed flow variations.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you , Dr.

Get notified of new replies

To Should I upgrade my water Pump? Pics of old one

Quick Reply: Should I upgrade my water Pump? Pics of old one