C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

An-6 braided fuel lines- to replace rusted fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
lawcorvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default An-6 braided fuel lines- to replace rusted fuel lines

My fuel lines are pretty much a rusted mess starting from the fuel tank all the way to the engine. Engine is a 406 with zz409 cam and miniram.

I can get a decent deal on an-6 braided fuel line from aeroquip with teflon inner hose. I heard the teflon is the way to go for resistance to fuel. I realize that hard lines would be cheaper, but I have a feeling the braided line would save me some time, being easier. Has anyone done this.

Any advice on if the an-6 is the right size?

How long hose I will need?

Any advice on aftermarket in-line fuel filters with replaceable filter elements, such as http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-650190/

Thanks,

Harry
Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

I didnt replace the back half but I did both lines from the filter forward. 6 AN should be big enough. The teflon core line rocks. Very user friendly. Some day I am sure I'll need to do the back lines and I will use the teflon core. I did not really need to do the front lines but felt the 20+ year old lines were a fire waiting to happen, being so close to the headers.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
lawcorvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, mine are getting pretty bad... and I changed my fuel tank b/c the bladder was seperating at the filler neck and introducing rust to the fuel, so I figured I might as well do it.

I asked about the an-6 fuel size...b/c I see many fuel filters with connector sizes like An-8 and AN-10... I think I have an-10 for my oil cooler.. it is pretty big stuff.

HH

Get notified of new replies

To An-6 braided fuel lines- to replace rusted fuel lines

Quick Reply: An-6 braided fuel lines- to replace rusted fuel lines