C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

low rpm vibration when ac is on after mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
scottermis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low rpm vibration when ac is on after mods

I put a set of american racing headers and a 3000rpm stall converter on the car and at low rpms when the ac is on the car vibrates pretty bad. When you turn off the ac then it goes away. At first i thought it was the stall converter but it only does it when i run the ac. Ac blows cold and everyting looks right under the hood when it is running. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
scottermis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. It is the bracer bar between the condenser and the block that i have no place to hookup now since the header install. Guess i am going to have to fabricate something to put in it place to keep it from vibrating whent he ac is on. Anyone else have to do this?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll assume you meant to post compressor not condenser. Very common that it is necessary to fabricate new braces after header installation.
You are fortunate that you felt the condition, many do not and then learn the hard way how important the braces are when the accessory bracket, alternator or compressor crack due to the vibration.

Get notified of new replies

To low rpm vibration when ac is on after mods

Quick Reply: low rpm vibration when ac is on after mods