C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fidanza clutch trouble shoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
samcook86
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fidanza clutch trouble shoot

Hey fellas,

So i'm relatively new to posting in the forums. And need some help with somethin. I usually just search for it and it comes right up but im unable to find it.

So i've got a 1993 lt1 40th anny with 6spd man.

I bought it for a screaming deal and the guy obviously didnt know what he had. It needed some work which included a new clutch.

I opted to go for the Fidanza smf and sprung clutch because im looking to do some strip stuff with the car.

I had the new flywheel balanced to the old flywheel like your supposed to and have all the bolts torqued down correctly, i'm using an stock corvette pp. I did a ton of research before i purchased the parts to make sure i got the right stuff for the conversion. everything is back in place as it should be. But the problem is that i'm not getting the clutch to dissengage when i press the pedal down. I can press the pedal to the floorboard without any change in pressure from the pedal.
I've looked at the master and slave cylinder and cant find any way to make any adjustments. (im assuming there was a change in geometry on the clutch fork and the slave piston isnt pushing out far enough)

Is there something that im missing with these conversions? do i need to change my slave? I've searched the forum for answers and can't find a solution. realllllly hope i dont have to pull the tranny back out. gettin it in there with no trans jack was a pain to say the least.
Thanks guys.
Sam.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
1fatcat
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have air in the system.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:28 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You need to use the F body bolts with the Fidanza flywheel. The Corvette ones are too long, IIRC.

Perhaps that is the issue.

There is no change in geometry, I had a Fidanza on my 1993 for years with the stock master, slave, and fork assembly.

If the pedal is going to the floor it could need to be bled as suggested by fatcat.

Get notified of new replies

To fidanza clutch trouble shoot

Quick Reply: fidanza clutch trouble shoot