C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Electronic A/C related question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Don in VT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic A/C related question

Hi,

I have a 1990 with the electronic controls on the A/C. The FSM says there are 3 fused circuits that relate to the AC system. 2 fuses are on the main fuse panel located at the edge of the IP behind the passengers door. The 3rd is located in the engine compartment very near the HVAC
blower motor.

My question is :

What does the fuse holder look like and how do change out the 5 amp fuse ?

If anyone has "been there, done that" please give me some info so I can check my system.

Cheers,

Don
Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

There are two fuses for the control head:

The GAUGES fuse supplies the main power.

The CTSY/CLK fuse keeps the RAM alive so it remembers your settings when the ignition is off.

The fuse under the hood connects the blower motor to the control head. From what I could tell, it appears to tell the control head how fast the blower motor is running.

Here's a pic from my car (the fuse is normally in the holder/bracket to the left of the fuse):

Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Electronic Controls send a low voltage signal to the Blower Module which amplifies the voltage going to the Blower. The Controls monitor the actual number with a splice from the Blower hot lead. The circuit is protected by the 5 amp fuse. Through '89, the fuse was on the Firewall and after that - I thought in '90 - it went in one of the Boxes and was labeled PGMR (Programmer became the Processor in '90) or something mysterious. More mysterious yet, when the fuse opens, the Blower will run at full tilt, even with the ignition off. How or why that was engineered in has never been explained.

Get notified of new replies

To Electronic A/C related question

Quick Reply: Electronic A/C related question