C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need help - I've changed almost everything except the Opti...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM
npbassman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help - I've changed almost everything except the Opti...

UPDATE: It was the Opti. I finally got around to changing it out this weekend (along with a CSR electric water pump) and the car is running great.

----------------------------------------------

..and she still stalls when engine temps get to about 185-190. If you give it time to cool down it'll start right up until it hits temp again and then it's shutdown WITH NO CODES.

Here is what I have swapped out:

- ICM
- Ignition coil
- O2 sensors
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel filter
- TPS

I cleaned the IAC, I checked the FPR and there is no fuel leaking from the vacuum hose. Fuel pressure holds steady at 43psi on KOEO. I did not ohm out the injectors yet. I'm at the point to asking if there is anyone local that has equipment to data log it when it goes down. I can replicate this issue every time. The only thing I can think of is an Opti or ECM replacement.

I'm bummed out that I can't drive it. Looking for help C4 brethren!

Last edited by npbassman; 08-27-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
87bob
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by npbassman
..and she still stalls when engine temps get to about 185-190. If you give it time to cool down it'll start right up until it hits temp again and then it's shutdown WITH NO CODES.

Here is what I have swapped out:

- ICM
- Ignition coil
- O2 sensors
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel filter
- TPS

I cleaned the IAC, I checked the FPR and there is no fuel leaking from the vacuum hose. Fuel pressure holds steady at 43psi on KOEO. I did not ohm out the injectors yet. I'm at the point to asking if there is anyone local that has equipment to data log it when it goes down. I can replicate this issue every time. The only thing I can think of is an Opti or ECM replacement.

I'm bummed out that I can't drive it. Looking for help C4 brethren!

I understand the bang your head you need a field service manual and follow the porceedure. Others have posted the same symptoms it was the opti
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

After it stalls out and you crank but no start. So you have spark?

Spark checkers are like $5 at Harbor Freight might be a worth while investment? Would narrow it down a bit.

Do you have a healthy layer of Thermal Grease behind the ICM? My 93 starting having a similar issue last winter, it would run find cold, warm, but start to miss hot. If I shut it down, it would NOT restart until cooler. I applied new thermal grease behind the ICM as there was almost none!!! It have been trouble free since.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
npbassman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update in the first post...

Get notified of new replies

To Need help - I've changed almost everything except the Opti...

Quick Reply: Need help - I've changed almost everything except the Opti...