C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

"Change Oil" light

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 06:29 PM
kawboy5792
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Change Oil" light

my change oil light came on today, and i just had the oil changed not 1000 miles ago. whats goin' on? :chevy
Old 05-31-2002, 06:38 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Default Re: "Change Oil" light (kawboy5792)

It automically goes off and needs to be reset after each oil change. I would have to get the owners manual to tell you how to turn it off as I can never remember.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Default Re: "Change Oil" light

If you didn't reset it at the last oil change this will happen.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:14 PM
kawboy5792
Burning Brakes

Default Re: "Change Oil" light (93Polo)

no, it was reset....but it just popped on the other day?
Old 05-31-2002, 10:59 PM
Admiral Fairway
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To reset oil light do the following;
Turning off the change oil light
1) Turn the ignition "ON", but do start the engine.
2) Press the "ENG/MET"button and release, then, within 5 seconds, press it again.
3) Within 5 seconds of step 2, press and hold the "GAUGES" button. While the button is held, the "change oil" indicator will flash.
4) Continue holding the "GAUGES" button until the "change oil" indicator stops flashing and goes out, indicating successful completion of the reset cycle. This should take about 10 seconds. If it does not successfully reset, turn the ignition "OFF" and repeat the procedure from step 1.

Old 05-31-2002, 11:02 PM
LT5
Le Mans Master

Default Re: "Change Oil" light (cnl3rd)

To reset oil light do the following;
Turning off the change oil light
1) Turn the ignition "ON", but do start the engine.
2) Press the "ENG/MET"button and release, then, within 5 seconds, press it again.
3) Within 5 seconds of step 2, press and hold the "GAUGES" button. While the button is held, the "change oil" indicator will flash.
4) Continue holding the "GAUGES" button until the "change oil" indicator stops flashing and goes out, indicating successful completion of the reset cycle. This should take about 10 seconds. If it does not successfully reset, turn the ignition "OFF" and repeat the procedure from step 1.
:yesnod:
Old 06-01-2002, 12:26 AM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually it's a little bit different depending on your year. But here ya go. I just looked it up as I'm currently fixin mine from the last oil change aswell. I didn't know your year so look for it below.
1990-91 Corvette

1. Turn ignition to On position, press ENG/MET button and release, then press the ENG/MET button again within 5 seconds.

2. Within 5 seconds of step 1, press and hold RANGE button until the "Change Oil" indicator begins to flash. Hold the RANGE button until indicator stops flashing and goes out, approximately 10 seconds.

3. If indicator was not successfully reset turn ignition Off and repeat reset procedure.

1992-96 Corvette

1. Turn ignition key to On position, press ENG?MET button on trip monitor and release, then press and release within 5 seconds.

2. Within 5 seconds of completing step 1, press and hold GAUGES button on trip monitor. "Change Oil" lamp will flash.

3. Hold GAUGES button until "Change Oil" lamp stops flashing and goes out.

4. When the light goes out the engine oil life monitor is reset. If it does not reset turn ignition switch Off and repeat procedure.

1997 Corvette

1. Turn ignition to Run position.

2. Press Trip button on Driver Information Center{DIC} switch to view menu. Stop at Oil Life Remaining. A message will display the percentage of oil life remaining.

3. Press and hold the Reset button on the DIC switch for at least 2 seconds. A message will display the percentage of oil life remaining as 100%. The engine oil life monitor has been reset. Place the ignition switch to the Off position.

1998-99 Corvette

1. Turn ignition to the run position.

2. Press TRIP button on DIC to view menu choices, stop on Oil Life Remaining.

3. Press and hold RESET button for more than2 seconds. When remaining oil life percentage changes to 99%, the monitor has been properly reset. Place the ignition in the Off position.

:cool:

[Modified by MaSTeRofDZaSTeR, 4:27 AM 6/1/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To "Change Oil" light

Quick Reply: "Change Oil" light