C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

VATS SAGA and a REAL solution

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default VATS SAGA and a REAL solution

Some may know of my many questions and problems with the VATs in my Vette...been trying to save the damn thing if possible but ya know...when it will not stsrt its got to GO ! !

So here is what I did to end the VATS nightmare FOEREVER once and FOR-ALL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280981183631...witem=&vxp=mtr

This is the best decoder module bypass out there. Hands down $15....It dont get any better than that.Takes 3 min to wire in.

I wired mine in as back up. If my VATs will not let me start up, I flip a switch and activate the VAT bypass and start up and drive off..everytime.
My decoder has a defect so its unreliable. Cant trust it anymore. Now that the bypass is wired in place I have a choice,,shut off starter with a switch, or the efi so nobody goes anywhere.Just as easy to release to drive,if you know how...

Anyone interested in this VATS BYPASS thats 15$..check into it,,,it works and best of all,,,,VATS still works. $15 for a genuine working VATS ByPass system. Thats a good deal. After tons of research I found bypass systems for $150 or more. Or program VATS completely out so its gone. This way, I can still keep VATS but IF it fails I can flip a switch and go into bypass and start up.
BTW, new decoder module en-route to be installed but the bypass will stay in place as back-up. Finally, no fear.

I just couldn't believe the low price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280981183631...witem=&vxp=mtr

Last edited by leesvet; 10-24-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:21 AM
joe paco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like a hell of a bargain! I have read numerous problems with the VATS, aside from key reader, from several forums. finally installed a bypass from Echler's on the 91 after it failed to start a few times -obviouslu a key read issue. I heard all the issues with the vats long before I had one, and have always thought that perhaps 99% of the reports were not security issues at all, but the owner doing something, or key dirty, whatever. on this forum, I would guess that VATS/no start isues are among the top 10 at least.

in hindsight, I believe that GM could have added yet another briliant device to allow the owner to bypass their own auto security system. that isn't as unthinkable as it sounds, since someone has figured out how to do it with a $15 device!

I am assuming that it works as intended. let us kow it there are any surprises.

joe

Quick Reply: VATS SAGA and a REAL solution