C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

lt-4 cruise control problem

Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Rastan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default lt-4 cruise control problem

Hey guys,
I have a LT-4 and my cruise control stopped working because of a damaged hose. I have 2 hoses from the cruise module that is infront of the ECU. One of the hoses has a split on it and it is that little hose that is cut. I don't know where the other end of the hose is located. My Haynes and Chilton books cover the entire 12 years of C-4's and don't have pictures of the later cruise systems. I could use some help in locating the other end of where this hose it to go. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM
SanJacRT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rastan,

The lower hose that connects to the servo is a vacuum source hose that runs to the vacuum tank found ahead of left front wheel well. The upper hose on the servo is the vacuum release valve hose and runs through the firewall to a switch on the stoplamp switch bracket above the clutch pedal.

My LT-4s vacuum release hose dry-rotted a while ago, and I used a plastic inline vacuum hose connector to connect new hose to the old hose after I trimmed it back a bit toward the firewall. Gaining acess to the clutch pedal switch is a bear for anybody over 6 feet tall!

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lt-4 cruise control problem