C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

possible 1993 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:51 PM
eatmydst1234
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default possible 1993 corvette

I have the opportunity to pick up a '93 vette for a very good price. The car is red on red and located 554 miles away in Praireville, LA. The current owner used to live in Amarillo, Tx and he drove the car to LA when he moved. The car has roughly 100k miles on it, not sure how those miles were driven though. The interior of the car is in good shape, other than the carpet on the back wall of the hatch is loose, though I'm pretty sure I can fix that, seats are in good shape along with the dash. It is an auto car. The bad parts of the car are that the opti is currently dead. I'm not too sure that's actually the problem though. The opti was changed 3 years ago and probably 1100 miles. Now the car will not run for long, if at all. My plan, because it is my father in law, is to go out to LA from Ga and replacing the opti and driving the car back. But I also kind of think I should just have the car fixed and go over the car when it gets here.

Opinions?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Doubtfull it is the Opti, unless they gave it a high pressure wash, or tried to drive through a pond. If it starts, runs for a while and then dies it doesn't really sound like the Opti to me, either. Probably something else wrong, could be almost anything.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
bassackwards
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get it you need to pull it home and fix it. Don't try to drive it.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
eatmydst1234
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bassackwards
If you get it you need to pull it home and fix it. Don't try to drive it.
set up the shipping tonight. the car will be picked up on or around wednesday in LA and delivered 2-4 days later. so maybe by middle of next week I will have a C4 again.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

If they used any opti other than a genuine oem optispark (which they prob did)...it could very well be the opti (again).

The knockoffs use non mitsubiishi optical sensors and have warped reluctor disks.

Opti is a 6 hr job to take off and put on. I say go for it. 93 is a great year

See if the tach needle bounces arnd while cranking. If not then the optispark is def bad.

Get notified of new replies

To possible 1993 corvette

Quick Reply: possible 1993 corvette