C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Filter Location!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 AM
idprints
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filter Location!

Where is the Fuel filter Located on a 94-C4.
Is it hard to change?
TKS
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

as with all C4s its under the passenger side door on the frame rail. It is under a metal panel thats held by two 8mm? bolts. It takes a flare nut wrench and the correct size back up.This is high pressure gas line.

You MUST relieve ALL pressure from the system and pinch the discharge line on the tank BEFORE taking the filter off or it will siphon gas everywhere....quickly. Very dangerous and VERY scary when you are soaked laying there in a puddle...do it right and avoid the fire.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM
ricasso
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leesvet
as with all C4s its under the passenger side door on the frame rail. It is under a metal panel thats held by two 8mm? bolts. It takes a flare nut wrench and the correct size back up.This is high pressure gas line.

You MUST relieve ALL pressure from the system and pinch the discharge line on the tank BEFORE taking the filter off or it will siphon gas everywhere....quickly. Very dangerous and VERY scary when you are soaked laying there in a puddle...do it right and avoid the fire.
Did mine last weekend, quite easy really,but its worth listening to Lee's good advice!!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Just BOB
Racer

Originally Posted by leesvet
...under the passenger side door on the frame rail. It is under a metal panel thats held by two 8mm? bolts.
I wished! ON my 94 LT1 6 speed, it is tucked up against the frame rail against the forward, sloped surface of the passenger foot well. If you were sitting in the passenger seat and put your right foot where the gas pedal should be, you would be right on top of it. I didn't notice any removable panels and quickly decided that was a job for another day. Getting wrenches on the top end looked like it would be a real booger. Guess I should look again.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
94c4er
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

YES!! It will empty your tank if you don't stop the flow. I got a tip here on th Forum concerning stopping the flow. Pull the Fuel Pump Fuse and crank the engine. When the engine dies, no more pressure. I took the front body panel ahead of the passenger door off so as to get a 16mm line wrench on the fitting and used the built in nut on the back of the filter to unscrew the filter.
Mine was located on the curve of the frame also and was alot of fun. I changed it once when the engine was out and I thought it would have been easier than it was.

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:09 PM
ricasso
Pro

Originally Posted by Just BOB
I wished! ON my 94 LT1 6 speed, it is tucked up against the frame rail against the forward, sloped surface of the passenger foot well. If you were sitting in the passenger seat and put your right foot where the gas pedal should be, you would be right on top of it. I didn't notice any removable panels and quickly decided that was a job for another day. Getting wrenches on the top end looked like it would be a real booger. Guess I should look again.
the location may be different but please follow the advice concerning depressurizing the system. its sound knowledge worth knowing for your own safety, hope it goes well mate.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Filter Location!

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Location!