C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

MABBCO engines?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Zorro O
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Default MABBCO engines?

Hi C4 guys.
I have posted this in C3 and now here. You guys helped me get my C3 with an L98 TPI motor running. I was using a very used motor and trans to get the bugs out of the setup (and to make sure I could actually pull it off) I did, but the motor did not survive. Now I need to find a replacement long block, I can mount my TPI on.

I have been looking for a replacement motor for the L98 I have in my 1979 C3. I would like a four bolt, roller cam motor, that I can drop into the C3, to replace the 1986 L98, that just came out of it in pieces. I have found all sorts of reman and crate motors for around two grand, but not many with roller cams, that would let me keep my TPI setup.

So I would like some opinions on this one.

GM Chevrolet 350 5.7 Basic Long Block 1987-1995 Roller 4-Bolt - NO CORE REQUIRED - 90 Day Limited Warranty 5.7 liters 1987-1995 $1,445.00.

Add $50.00 for flat top pistons, 9.5/1 compression with cast iron heads, and $375.00 shipping to my house. Total $1870.00

LINK to MABBCO

Tell me what you think. I would rather get flamed, than burned!

Zorro
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Here's some complaints about that company,
They don't mention what machine work is done on the long block
or what brand of parts are used.

http://terriblebusines.blogspot.com/
http://www.bbb.org/east-texas/busine...372/complaints

Last edited by Hooked on Vettes; 11-30-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM
superdave269
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I was thinking of buying a 454 short block from them for my C-3. I'm really up in the air now. A few bad engines out of how many? Lack of help from them does not reassure me. I think I would brake down the engine myself to inspect it before putting the heads on and installing.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Zorro O
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by superdave269
I was thinking of buying a 454 short block from them for my C-3. I'm really up in the air now. A few bad engines out of how many? Lack of help from them does not reassure me. I think I would brake down the engine myself to inspect it before putting the heads on and installing.
I sure understand where you are coming from, on being up in the air as fare as trusting an online dealer. I bought my Vette and just about every part for it online, without any problems whatsoever. Then I bought a motor and trans from a wrecking yard in Pennsylvania, that had a perfect score on E-Bay, and a smooth line on the phone. They ripped me off so F...ing bad, that it has brought my project to a complete stop. I thought I was a pretty good judge of people, until they showed me different. That was a lesson I wish I had never learned. It's to bad everyone doesn't do business like Willcox, and the other venders on, and members of, this website. Good luck and let me know if you find a motor, and how the deal goes. I would like to get back to working on my car, and trusting people again. Wow I didn't realize how much this had affected me, until I typed it out loud. Sorry for the rant.

Zorro.

Get notified of new replies

To MABBCO engines?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MABBCO engines?