C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lingenfelter headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 12:55 AM
Chief Muktar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter headers

Do they make thier own headers?? I am looking at buying a set used and supposedly they have 1 7/8" primary tubes into 3" collecters. I thought that they were just hooker headers that were resold as a lingenfelter piece, but hooker headers have a 1 3/4 inch primary tube. Does anybody know? :confused:
Old 06-11-2002, 01:35 AM
jmr302
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (Chief Muktar)

I think they make their own headers. TPIS headers are rebadged Hookers. I would avoid Lingenfelter headers, personally. The fit and finish leave quite a bit to be desired, especially when Hooker headers are much better in this dept and cost less.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:13 PM
ROADAPPLE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owm a set of LPE 1 5/8" long tube headers LPE also sells a set of 1 7/8 inchers. I found the finish to be high and good looking with the ceramic coating. And the fit was a simple slip in and bolt dowm. There was no cutting, filing or fitting needed.
When asking about a certen product, to quote from a famous car ad. "ask the man who ownes one".

C44EVER
Old 06-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Bitter Knight
Pro

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (C44ever)

C44EVER,

I'm also considering a set of full-length headers like the Lingenfelters. What's the clearance like if I need to do something like replace the starter? What about spark plug access?
Old 06-11-2002, 04:59 PM
jmr302
Pro

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (C44ever)

I wasn't spouting a biased 2nd hand opinion, I'm running the 1-5/8" Lingy headers on my car. The collectors have rubbed the body somewhat and the "ceramic" finish is looking pretty crappy. To their credit they will recoat them if you send them in but why not use a better coating in the first place?

Sparkplug and starter access is painful. One good thing about them is the thick flange on the cyl head side. You won't have to worry about these things warping. For what Lingenfelter charges for these things new ($795 according to the webpage) I expect more than I'm getting, espeically considering that the Hookers are $540 @Martel Bros. The bottom line is that the Hooker primary tubes are routed much better than the Lingy's.

If I was going to get new headers they would definitely be Hookers. Maybe if you can get these 1-7/8 Lingy's for cheap they'd be worth it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:36 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (jmr302)

TPIS headers are rebadged Hookers.
What?
:confused:

Hmm, I just looke dup 2 pics of them, they sure do look the same, except the mounting flanges. where exactly do they change them to make it a TPIS product?

[Modified by bill mcdonald, 2:39 PM 6/11/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 11:24 AM
jmr302
Pro

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (bill mcdonald)

That's interesting. I was told they were sold as TPIS headers but were really Hookers. Haven't verified it myself. :bb
Old 06-12-2002, 12:41 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I suppose this isn't news, but I'd guess that 1 7/8" primaries are sort of on the "too big" side unless you've got a lot of motor.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:06 PM
kkonen
Racer

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (NavyVet)

I love my hookers. fit and finish is great, although they are a little rusty now. I am about to start school, so there is no money to get them coated. Starter access is easy. The plugs are easy to change except for #1. Which basically means you have 7 easy plugs, which is the same you have with stock, except the prolem plugs is 8 (although some people have trouble with #6).

Once you've changed the fuel filter with headers, you wohow it was done with the factory cats in place.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:27 PM
DINO
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
I went to Cruise-In V with Vetteweiser

Default Re: Lingenfelter headers (kkonen)

Love my TPIS longtubes Jet coated...no complaints here a little pricey but nice fit and car runs cool ... :cool: sounds nice too :)

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter headers

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter headers