C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fixed leaking windows on 94 ragtop

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM
chrisd0729
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fixed leaking windows on 94 ragtop

For those with leaks in weatherstripping on the top of door windows of your convertibles, I may have a fix for you. Please take note of your leaks first and ensure you're ONLY leaking on the front 1/2 of your window glass before trying this. If your entire door glass is leaking, you probably need to adjust your window stops. If you're only leaking on the front 1/2 of the door glass, this could be your fix. I'll post pics tomorrow but, here are the basics...

I was leaking at the top of my door glass where it met the front half of the ragtop weatherstripping. This ran down the front pillar and dash, then onto the floor.

Pull the front piece of weatherstripping out, starting at the windshield. Be careful when you get to the back end of this piece as there is a fastener in this piece that fits into the top. Slide a flathead driver into the channel and pop the fastener out.

Next, remove the 3 torx screws from the channel and remove it from the convertible top.

Reinstall the channel with 2 flat washers under each of the 2 front screws and a single washer on the single rear screw. Washers are installed between the channel and the convertible top. This obviously pushes the channel and weatherstripping closer to the window and better seals the front corner of the window/ragtop touch point.

Spray the weatherstrip piece with silicone spray to lube it well. Next, fit it back into the channel starting from the rear, pushing the fastener back into the convertible top first. Ensure this fastener is fully seated before pushing the rest of the weatherstrip back in. You may need to massage the strip back in to fit correctly.

Once the strip is back in place, make sure the rear end fits flush against the rear/top weatherstrip.

Run windows up and test fit windows.

That's it....

Quick Reply: Fixed leaking windows on 94 ragtop