C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to set ride height for 85 C-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
newman28
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to set ride height for 85 C-4

I would like to know how to se the ride height. My car is leaning in the rear to the left. Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

The rear is easy to adjust, you can see the bolt that attaches to the composite spring. You can get various size bolts, longer lowers the car shorther raises it. Check your spring is not damaged, the front usually cracks but the rear ones last pretty well.

Hopefully you can sort it out by a couple of turns on one side of the rear, the front will need shims between the crossmember and spring a real pain. That is why i have gone to coil overs, can adjust the ride height by a simple turn of the coil adjust tool.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by newman28
I would like to know how to se the ride height. My car is leaning in the rear to the left. Any suggestions?
You don't need to adjust anything "just yet"! You need to check for worn and damaged parts and not necessarily in the rear! You need to confirm every suspension component front and rear before anything! I would guess the first check needs to be the condition of the front and rear springs, needs checked very closely. You've got likely springs that are 28 years old and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both were "splintered" and weakened.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

yep....
cracked rear spring....
Get on the ground and look up/at the rear end. ID which side of the transverse mounted spring has no arc.

Get notified of new replies

To How to set ride height for 85 C-4

Quick Reply: How to set ride height for 85 C-4