C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Changing turn signal bulbs...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Changing turn signal bulbs...?

One of the filaments it seems is out on my front left(driver's side) turn signal light(Im guessing the same bulb has dual filaments for turn signal and parking). The turn signal light works fine when engaged but the parking light filament is out when engaged. In the chilton's its saying how to change front turn signal and marker lights but from what I can see it looks like its just instructing how to change the side lights and not the actual turn signal bulbs under the headlights. Am I the only one seeing this? I can't see how to get to the actual turn signal light under the headlight on either side. There's a connector in place on my 90 that looks like its going into the turn signal light but its blocked by a metal plate that only gives a small circular opening to sccess it and it seems like the connector is locked in place. I don't see any "depress" side tab as allegedly described in the chiltons. It looks like they're describing the side light connector next to the side marker light as far as the depressing tab goes. Anyone go through this on a 90?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Hooked on Vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

You twist/turn the socket holder a 1/4 turn Counter Clock Wise. There is no tab to press. The socket is keyed so it can only be installed one way. Twist it 1/4 turn Clockwise to lock it in place.

The bulb is a 2057 NA

Last edited by Hooked on Vettes; 02-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Changing turn signal bulbs...?