C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Corvette 94 accelerates by itself!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Cteis
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette 94 accelerates by itself!!!

Hello guys, I’m new here in this forum and I really need your help, I have C4 Corvette 1994 and I have 2 years with it, couple of months ago I start to notice that when I take a high speed corner sometimes the car keeps accelerating after the corner, it is necessary to hit the gas a couple of times to calm the car down lol.

I brake after the corner but not in the middle (as it should be), cruise control is not activated, I’m not hitting the gas pedal accidentally and even if I put the automatic transmission in neutral, the car keeps accelerating by itself getting to a higher RPMs.

HELP!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have one queston does the car accelerate at other times besides curves.....like when your preparing to slow down in a straight line?

Any way the only thing that can cause this is the engine is getting more air than you want it to.

So if everything is as you say... (not hitting gas, cruise control is not on, and the car idles normally at the end of a drive.

Check to see if the accelerator pedal/cable is not sticking.
Check to ensure your Thottle Body blades at not sticking and return to closed position (on the stop)

If nothing is obviously worn (cable/throttle body) thoroughly clean the throttle body and IAC valve.

However, I wonder if what you are actually experiencing is the car upshifting when you let off from the accelerator. The revs staying high for a second when you pull into neutral at speed may be benign the computer has some idle speed input when car is at speed. (sorry I'm not an automotive technical writer) I just know how my C4 seems to hold speed when its coasting in OD.

Mike

Last edited by aboatguy; 02-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Cteis
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just happens in high speed corners, but I will check what you said, could be the problem

Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette 94 accelerates by itself!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette 94 accelerates by itself!!!