C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Smog Pump Delete Kit

Old 05-22-2013, 02:39 PM
YellowStreak
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog Pump Delete Kit

Greeting, I am looking for a smog pump delete Kit for my 1989 Vette. I saw one on ebay for $125, but I am looking for a better deal. There isn't much required to make one, so I don't see why this one is so expensive. If anyone knows where I might find one for less money, please let me know. I would just replace it with a rebuilt for $50, but now that company has changed the thread to mount the pulley to a much smaller size making it, in my opinion too sloppy and unsafe to mount it to the pump. This has driven me to want to just delete the smog pump altogether. Any help out there? Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowStreak
Greeting, I am looking for a smog pump delete Kit for my 1989 Vette. I saw one on ebay for $125, but I am looking for a better deal. There isn't much required to make one, so I don't see why this one is so expensive. If anyone knows where I might find one for less money, please let me know. I would just replace it with a rebuilt for $50, but now that company has changed the thread to mount the pulley to a much smaller size making it, in my opinion too sloppy and unsafe to mount it to the pump. This has driven me to want to just delete the smog pump altogether. Any help out there? Thanks
I'd just replace the pump, it only is used briefly in cold start. You'd be better served to post this in C4 Tech or general section.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smog Pump Delete Kit