C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

96 LT4 -P0100 Mass Airflow Code - MAF Sensor Fine

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Lingenfelter383
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 LT4 -P0100 Mass Airflow Code - MAF Sensor Fine

Trying to figure this out, seriously scratching my head.

1996 LT4 car, getting a check engine light the split second you start the car up, always immediate code upon startup even after clearing with scan tool. Code is P0100 Mass Airflow Sensor. I swapped the MAF out with a good one from a Camaro and still have the same problem. I'm getting 12 volts to the pink wire and 5 volts to the white wire just like it's supposed to work.

I began to think "MAF Sensor RELAY" but am finding there is no MAF Sensor Relay on a 96 model.......... ??? Wires look good, connector looks good.

Any ideas ?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lingenfelter383
Trying to figure this out, seriously scratching my head.

1996 LT4 car, getting a check engine light the split second you start the car up, always immediate code upon startup even after clearing with scan tool. Code is P0100 Mass Airflow Sensor. I swapped the MAF out with a good one from a Camaro and still have the same problem. I'm getting 12 volts to the pink wire and 5 volts to the white wire just like it's supposed to work.

I began to think "MAF Sensor RELAY" but am finding there is no MAF Sensor Relay on a 96 model.......... ??? Wires look good, connector looks good.

Any ideas ?
Id start with the wire harness. Maybe a bad ground? I think that one shares a ground splice with others on the passenger side, under the cover. ( it'll be inside the wire loom ) .. Don't quote me on that though... I would check the ground from the MAF none the less.

Also maybe the PCM?

Check your fsm for the diagram and you can check continuity between the PCM connector and MAF sensor too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 LT4 -P0100 Mass Airflow Code - MAF Sensor Fine