C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

will my digital dsah still work? using a fast system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM
littleredcorvette88
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will my digital dsah still work? using a fast system?

Does anyone know if I install a FAST system in my car will my digital dash and tach still work as well as the gauges? the car is a 91 and I have heard that all the dash runs thru the ccm? which is separate from the ecm? I just want to be sure my dash will work before I purchase the fast system

Thanks!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM
beerme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question, I was just thinking about the same thing with my 87. I don't have the answer but I am eagerly awaiting some insightful knowledge to be shared.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Im running the DFI Gen7. Everything works except the mpg calculator. All analogue gages are wired up.. speedo etc . Only thing I get is a sys flashng every few seconds which doesnt bother me at all. My factory ecu and wiring harness was completely removed from the engine compartment. I have a 93.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:48 AM
littleredcorvette88
Racer

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Im running the DFI Gen7. Everything works except the mpg calculator. All analogue gages are wired up.. speedo etc . Only thing I get is a sys flashng every few seconds which doesnt bother me at all. My factory ecu and wiring harness was completely removed from the engine compartment. I have a 93.
So did the Gen 7 come with connectors to hook up in order for thesensors to work or is this just another harness that goes to the ccm? that you never disconected? I want to run the fast system but I dont want to lose my digital dash or tach etc. HMMMMM
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
LoneStarV
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it might be a nightmare to make that system work. Holley has a new throttle body injection system out as well that is all one package and self learning called the Terminator. I have electronic climate control on mine. I have no idea how the current computer system interacts with everything...then there's the digital dash as well.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarV
Sounds like it might be a nightmare to make that system work. Holley has a new throttle body injection system out as well that is all one package and self learning called the Terminator. I have electronic climate control on mine. I have no idea how the current computer system interacts with everything...then there's the digital dash as well.
My suggestion if you add another ECU weather its an ls swap or just an ECU swap is to keep your OEM PCM. Use the other only for engine management.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
littleredcorvette88
Racer

Originally Posted by ch@0s
My suggestion if you add another ECU weather its an ls swap or just an ECU swap is to keep your OEM PCM. Use the other only for engine management.
yes that whats I was planning on doing.....just keep my stock ecm installed and then install the fast system plugging in only the connectors that are on the fast system and removing them from the ecm harness as I go. So leaving everything plugged in to the stock ecm except injectors, temp sensors, tps, map sensor etc. I'm just afraid of losing the digital dash...seems like if you dont have 5k to spend your screwed
Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 AM
littleredcorvette88
Racer

Originally Posted by 5abivt
....Did you have to make the connections to the wiring that makes the speedo etc work or was the kit just plug and play? just trying to figure out what wiring exactly goes back to the speedo and was trying to get away using the fast system and not spending $3,000. It seems like no one really knows anything about the wiring on this forum.

thanks!!

Get notified of new replies

To will my digital dsah still work? using a fast system?

Quick Reply: will my digital dsah still work? using a fast system?