C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HELP no fire

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
wagontrainer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP no fire

Installed a 1988 Corvette TPI engine into my 66 Nova using a TPIS Harness.Everything was going smooth until i tried firing it up.For some reason i am not getting any fire to the Plugs.I do have 12 Volts to the distributor but nothing too the Plugs.I am new to the EFI so just thinking i a not doing something right.I tried 2 different Distributors but no fire.Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 PM
vetteoz
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wagontrainer
For some reason i am not getting any fire to the Plugs.
Any spark from the coil ?

Work through this
http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm_ic...n_module_1.php
Old 08-31-2013, 02:23 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Try disconnecting the EST (Electronic Spark Timing) connector. It's usually a tan wire with a black stripe. With that connector open the computer is removed from the equation and only the ignition module controls the spark.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:14 AM
wagontrainer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
Try disconnecting the EST (Electronic Spark Timing) connector. It's usually a tan wire with a black stripe. With that connector open the computer is removed from the equation and only the ignition module controls the spark.
Is it best to remove it at the ESC itself or at the connector at Distributor harness?I do have another ESC module,do you think the Module itself could be bad.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:49 PM
wagontrainer
Intermediate

Alright now please hold the rude comments.Hopefully i might have found the problem.When doing the conversion i needed A Switched source to the ECM Wiring Harness.Guess which one i used.Yep my original Power Supply to the HEI in the engine before the TPI install.The new wire that i was trying to use was a Switched ON Circuit "BUT NOT" during cranking.Was not getting Voltage to the Distributor when needed.Deep down inside i knew it had to be something simple,just could not figure it out.Have not tried the old Switched wire yet but hoping and praying this will get it going.That's for the responses.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by wagontrainer
Is it best to remove it at the ESC itself or at the connector at Distributor harness?I do have another ESC module,do you think the Module itself could be bad.
The ESC is for the knock sensor. It makes the knock sensor output compatible with the ECM.

The EST connector is in the 4 wire harness that comes out of the distributor and goes to the ECM.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP no fire

Quick Reply: HELP no fire