C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 LCD Bad Contrast

Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
hortond2000
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 LCD Bad Contrast

My 94 speedometer/gas gauge lcd is practically unreadable. The backlights work and dim but the actual digits are faint. I went through some of the post here and removed the cluster as some suggested and verified continuity between the main PCB and the actual LCD. I hit every solder connection on the main board looking for possible cold solder joints. Everything else on the cluster is normal so I don't think I have a ground issue. I can't verify ground to the LCD. There is an IC on the main board that interconnects to the LCD and I wonder if this my be where the LCD is getting ground. I haven't researched the IC part # yet to get a pin out to know for certain. Does anyone know if the lcd itself is availiable?Does anybody know of a fix other than a $500 reman. gauge cluster?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:37 PM
BucfanTitan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people post cleaning the light sensor next to the control center switches. I have the same issue going to try that. Also will let you know if that works for me. If you know any more information that could be causing the issue please post.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 PM
leesvet
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Go to batee.com
Old 01-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Churchkey
Melting Slicks

Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts

For my 90 I went here: http://www.polarization.com/polarshop/

Purchased LCD film, it made the display readable in daylight.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
BucfanTitan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I wear my costa sunglasses the lcd screen does not improve. I am not sure the film is going to help with my display. Might buy that light bulb kit they sell and try to replace the bulbs and see if that helps.

Get notified of new replies

To 94 LCD Bad Contrast

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 LCD Bad Contrast