C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel lines/fittings

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:41 AM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel lines/fittings

I am putting a victor Jr on my 86 and will need to fabricate the fuel lines for the fuel rails. I have a couple of questions, what brand is a good fuel pressure regulator and what do I look for in one when selecting one? Also, what is a good brand to choose for fuel lines and an fittings? Finally, it has been a while since I have been under my c4, where is somewhere I can easily tap into the return line? I plan on running the supply from the fuel filter.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

I typically use the Aeromotive 13129 it is good and made in America. I put fittings on both lines down by the filter those are 16mm X 1.5mm o-ring and then to -6 AN. I run braided up to the intake which I normally don't use but that's a good place for it.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:46 PM
VeTTeMaNC486
Instructor

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
I typically use the Aeromotive 13129 it is good and made in America. I put fittings on both lines down by the filter those are 16mm X 1.5mm o-ring and then to -6 AN. I run braided up to the intake which I normally don't use but that's a good place for it.
So what you are saying is that the return line has a way to close to the filter too?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

On my year the lines are the same size right next to each other. I can take a pic if you want. When I did this project on my track car I also moved the fuel filter so it was easier to work on.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM
mechguy79
Pro

I'm doing something similar as I am installing my FIRST intake. I am doing hard line all the way and not modifying any original lines. I hit Earl's AN fitting up. My 1990 has the feed and return line on the front of the intake manifold. I am using 16MMx1.5 adapters at the feed/return lines to -6AN. After that I am using 3/8 aluminum tubing for all lines. I'm not sure why everyone loves the flex line so much (quicker/easier?). I am not making any modifications to the existing fuel lines, but this is an ongoing project and it will take me a better part of a day to get all the lines bent, flared, and secured.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Hard lines are really nice but my combo is always changing. I just moved the lines yet again with a new combo and different heads. The stock lines can get pretty bad in the rubber section right by the header too. I've seen that section go bad on a few. Specifically the metal tube to rubber hose which is stock located by number two cylinder. I replace that whole section back to the filter.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Vett1990
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hard lines are really nice but my combo is always changing. I just moved the lines yet again with a new combo and different heads. The stock lines can get pretty bad in the rubber section right by the header too. I've seen that section go bad on a few. Specifically the metal tube to rubber hose which is stock located by number two cylinder. I replace that whole section back to the filter.
Aardwolf,

I have the TPIS headers on my 90' vet and they come really close to the supply and return lines on the right side engine bay. Have you seen any performance issue's or concern's about the fuel becoming vapor locked because the headers are so close (with in a 1/2") to the lines.

I'm thinking about moving my lines as well....
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Vett1990
Aardwolf,

I have the TPIS headers on my 90' vet and they come really close to the supply and return lines on the right side engine bay. Have you seen any performance issue's or concern's about the fuel becoming vapor locked because the headers are so close (with in a 1/2") to the lines.

I'm thinking about moving my lines as well....
I was also concerned with this, so I just bought some of the silver heat tape and wrapped the 2 lines with a few layers. This takes care of the lines getting to hot and is alot easier then moving the lines..I know its working because I can touch the lines right above the tape as soon as I shut the motor off without burning myself.......WW
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 399 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by VeTTeMaNC486
I am putting a victor Jr on my 86 and will need to fabricate the fuel lines for the fuel rails. I have a couple of questions, what brand is a good fuel pressure regulator and what do I look for in one when selecting one? Also, what is a good brand to choose for fuel lines and an fittings? Finally, it has been a while since I have been under my c4, where is somewhere I can easily tap into the return line? I plan on running the supply from the fuel filter.

Thanks
I used a converted Super Victor Intake on my 92 but for your GEN I SBC engine Edelbrock offers a complete EFI intake based on the Victor E with fuel rails and everything... Intake PN 29785. Fuel rails PN 3630. All you should need to fabricate is the -6 AN lines and buy some adapter fitting for the fuel filter and factory return lines down on the passenger side frame rail.

All good advice.... I did the same with some deviation.

I used the Aeromotive PN 13109 regulator on my 92.

16 X 1.5 MM o-ring to -6AN fittings - Accel PN 74730.

-6AN hose and fittings all from Aeroquip.

This is the finished product on my 92. Been driving and racing it with no problems since 2008.

Will

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel lines/fittings

Quick Reply: Fuel lines/fittings