C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

c4 1990 antenna lead color feeding the antenna ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
tonycorvettes
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default c4 1990 antenna lead color feeding the antenna ??

installing new radio in a 1990 i have a blue lead from the radio to operate the power antenna,,dont know where to connect it to...,anybody have a schematic or know what lead is my antenna lead,,there are two connectors one with more leads than the other,,,,when i bought the car it was not connected and they usde the rca cables not the wire harness for all connections for speakers and powering a amp,,,,thanks tony also it will go up but wont go down,,,,

Last edited by tonycorvettes; 09-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 PM
tonycorvettes
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default turns out like this

The power antenna in the Bose system is controlled through the CDM which is located on the passenger side behind the glove box...hard to get at. With an after market market system you have to unplug the pink wire on the CDM and connect it to the power antenna output of the new radio. Unplugging the pink wire bypasses the CDM which is not needed for the new system. I assume that you are running new wires and after market speakers. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: c4 1990 antenna lead color feeding the antenna ??