C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Auxiliary Fuse box - fuse falling out

Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 AM
davidbdc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Fuse box - fuse falling out

Hi, I have a 1991 and yesterday I got in the car and absolutely nothing is working - no security light - no internal lights - no window - zip. Turning the key yields nothing.

I checked the battery and its fully charged. I made my way to the auxiliary fuse box underneath the glove compartment. And it looks like the fuse for the security system is simply not there. I tried putting in another fuse but it keeps falling out. Anyone experience this issue. Unfortunately the fuse box faces downwards so short of taping something in I'm thinking I'll have to have the car towed to a service station and have them replace the fuse box. Thought I would ask before doing that. Any suggestions or experience is appreciated.

Regards,
Dave
Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 PM
theadmiral94
Drifting

Location: 1994 LT1 Coupe 6-speed with FX3 & 2000 LS1 Vert 6-Speed with F45 Hunterdon County, NJ
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

davidbdc,

doubtful that fuse has anything to do with your power problem (even if that circuit exists in your year/model, which likely it doesn't and hence why the fuse will not stay in)

Suggest checking the fuse panel by the battery and/or the fusible links immediatly behind the battery (firewall side).

Also check your battery cables, corrosion in the end-terminal or connection to the battery or block/starter could be loose.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

check inside the fuse holder, something maybe broken off in there.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:23 PM
davidbdc
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I checked the battery connections. But I don't believe I have any fuses behind the battery. My main fuse box is on the passenger side inside and the auxiliary is above the passenger side knees under the glove compartment.

Íts very difficult to get to the auxiliary to really see if something in there is broken (and I've already broken the panel - I thought it came off but I guess it was meant to stay attached on the upper right.)

I think at this point I'll just have to get it towed.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:04 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

There is no fuse in the fuse box that will turn power on and off to the car. Your problem has to be with the battery or the terminals.

Get notified of new replies

To Auxiliary Fuse box - fuse falling out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse box - fuse falling out